hidden hit counter
notes from 13thirtyone: Experiment: Desk Daisy

12.28.2007

Experiment: Desk Daisy

A while back I had written a post about some office feng-shui one can do to help bring prosperity to their career/business. The subject fascinates me and while I try to place my desktop plant in the right corner of the desk, I haven't done much else to push the "feng shui energy" along. Some people swear up and down by it and some people snicker. I thought, I'd conduct a little year-end experiment.

One of the easiest ways to feng-shui your desk is to simply cut out pieces of colored construction paper and to place them on the underside of your desk. Using the colored grid, or bagua, cut out petal shapes for each color. The center gua, or yellow square, should be cut into a circular circle. When finished, you'll have a yellow center with 8 flower petals around it. Each flower petal is a specific color, representing a square of the bagua.

It is said that by taping this to the underside of your desk, and by placing this daisy pattern so the black petal is pointing to you, the red away from you, the white pointing to the right, the green to the left, etc., feng shui will help to enhance your career.

Knowing the status that my business is in now, I thought I would publish my experience. Does this feng shui daisy help or is it just a bit of hidden clutter under my desk? Time will tell. Stay tuned for updates.

No comments: