hidden hit counter
notes from 13thirtyone: i'm in switzerland!

9.03.2007

i'm in switzerland!






Hello! I'm happy to say I've arrived in one piece, even though there was so much turbulance on my plane ride getting here that I was a wee bit nervous. Vey Vey is beautiful - just as I remember it. The mountains are in full view and the sun is shining.

I sat for about two hours at a cafe this morning trying to get my internet connection up and running and it just wouldn't work out! So here I am, in my hotel lobby, paying for my Internet minutes, and writing as fast as I can because I only bought about 4 hours of time and my computer battery is dying as I type... okay, enough complaining. I'm in Europe.

Yesterday, after I arrived, I walked around Vey Vey and my husband (Shawn) took a few photos for me. I decided I'd share a few sights. Nothing post-card type, but just a few interesting things I came across.

I've decided that during my trip, I'll try to keep my eyes peeled for cool and interesting art or design work. One thing I comletely forgot about in Europe is the great graffiti art - really! I was walking underneath a street and found this amazing cartoon. I wonder how long the person stood in this tunnel and painted this for? Then I came across this little graphic design company. See photo. And finally, I saw this great poster pealing off of a wall on the side of a building. Dont you think that the spray paint and wall texture make a great composition with this peeling poster?

Anyways, I'm sure I'll have more interesting stories to tell later on. Have a good Labor Day.

No comments: