hidden hit counter
notes from 13thirtyone: my thoughts on Biznik

2.22.2008

my thoughts on Biznik

Biznik - Business Networking


So... I signed up for a free account on Biznik yesterday. I did the tour, researched how I could best utilize this account, etc. After all is said and done, I'm very impressed. I've already had more interaction with business owners through Biznik than I have in my entire time on LinkedIn.

While the free account can be limiting, I'm loving the features that I have access to. For example, I can easily publish articles and tips, making myself stand out in my community. Other users can post their comments and thoughts on what I've written. And I'll be honest; at first I thought it looked like any other networking site. Sure I could post, but would people actually respond? I've been getting great feedback already.

I've also managed to network with one other professional in my area. Turns out, we may be able to help each other out with work and referrals in the future. In a nutshell, yes, it takes loads of time to sign up for these sites and to use them to their full advantage. But, as I said, I set this thing up yesterday and already am seeing results. I don't think this is a networking opportunity you'd want to miss.

No comments: