hidden hit counter
notes from 13thirtyone: Old Promo Items?

5.21.2008

Old Promo Items?

I have a few tote bags left from the PWN trade show I exhibited at in April (see previous posting on Eco-Friendly Tradehow Promotional Piece). While they were a huge success, I'm left with a few bags that I hate to leave sitting on my desk shelf.

I was trying to think of a way to still put those printing dollars to use. Here are some ideas I came up with:

1. Donate left-over promotional items to The Special E, a charity that makes use of extra business promo stuff and passes them around to people in need.

2. Conduct A Raffle: I could always try to gain a few more email addresses for my email list by posting a photo of the tote online and and asking for new people to sign up for my e-newsletter. The winner gets a free tote. But then there's shipping and postage involved. Do I really want to pay for something I'm trying to give away?

3. Save Them For Next Year: These totes went over really well. But that's part of the problem; are they too memorable? Not that I think I have the world's greatest trade show giveaway by any means, but keep in mind, they're bright orange. I'm also the exact opposite of a pack-rat and hate having clutter around. Saving them for a different trade show opportunity that I may or may not work could keep these things around for quite a while yet.

Finally, I could just keep thinking about it. I've tried to research blogs and articles about recycling these things or how to keep them working for you without putting money into it. Do you have any ideas?

2 comments:

Ms. Dio said...

Hi Angela,

I think you can use them to deliver printed products to your customers. If you've designed and handled the printing for stationery, invitations, post cards, etc., you can place the goods inside your bag. Your clients will receive their printed materials and a little eco-friendly "thank you" gift as well!

Dio =)

angela said...

Dio,
This is such a great idea! I never would have thought of this and I think it's a great promotional gimmick. Thank you so much for your input and for reading my post. Your time is much appreciated!
Angela