hidden hit counter
notes from 13thirtyone: Greener Printer

3.04.2008

Greener Printer



I've always thought helping the environment and making an effort was important. But lately, I've been on a green-kick much more fierce than ever (did you catch my Project Runway lingo?). I've really become passionate about living a greener lifestyle and its affected every aspect of my life - the hand lotion I use, the furniture I'm buying, even the podcasts I listen to.

Bringing such a lifestyle into my work is only inevitable. I may have mentioned them before, but there's a great printing company out there called GreenerPrinter. I recently received a kit full of their samples, and let me tell you, these soy and vegetable-based inks look good.

Not only does this company run entirely on wind energy, but they limit themselves to the use of one paper line only. "GreenerPrinter uses exclusively New Leaf Paper, which leads the paper industry in the development and distribution of environmentally superior printing and office papers. New Leaf’s papers use high post-consumer recycled content and most are whitened without chlorine or chlorine compounds." (see About Us section on company website for more info)

While the prices for printing might be slightly higher than the average Joe's costs, I thinking helping my clients to work with a company such as this is a reward in itself. It's one thing to have great-looking printed pieces. It's another to have them look great and to be great for the environment as well.

No comments: