hidden hit counter
notes from 13thirtyone: Green Resources

3.26.2008

Green Resources

I've been somewhat green in my life for a while. Within the last year, I've been devouring more and more books and listening to podcasts about how to be a greener individual and to reduce my carbon footprint as much as possible. About six months ago, I had an epiphany - if I'm trying so hard to be greener in my personal life, why not carry that over to my work life?

As of recent, I've applied with the Co-Op of America to be a member of their green business organization. In doing so, there's a long questionnaire one must fill out to describe how their business operates in an environmentally fashion. In doing so, I realized that I could never have greened my business (or my life) to the extent that I have without the resources I've tapped into.

The following is a list of books that I've read, websites I've looked over and podcasts I've listened to. Hopefully you can make good use of these resources as well.



Green Talk Radio: podcasts featuring conversations about how to live a more sustainable lifestyle.

GreenLivingIdeas.com
: host site of Green Talk Radio.

IdealBite.com
: daily tips for living a greener life. Sign up and you'll receive one tip per day in your email box.

TheGreenOffice.com
: online office supply store offering office products that are more sustainable.

Co-Op America: organization for individuals and businesses to join. Mission statement: "To harness economic power - the strength of consumers, investors, and businesses - to create a socially just and environmentally sustainable society."

GreenGirlGuide.com: haven't read this one too much, but I think the design is cute.

BooksForTheFuture.org: not really a resource for making a lifestyle change, but this is a great cause. If you purchase a book, they plant a tree!

GreenHome.com: next time you need to replace something in your home, make it a more sustainable something.

These are just a few of my favorite resources. I hope this is helpful!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Angela,

Thanks for listening to GreenTalk and visiting the GreenLivingIdeas.com site -- and for sharing your story and providing green resources to your audience!

Warm Regards,

Sean Daily
CEO
GreenLivingIdeas.com

angela said...

Hi Sean,
I was actually listening to one of your podcasts as your message was posted. Thanks for the feedback!

I really appreciate what you're doing with your radio show and listening has become a part of my daily routine. Your show has been a true inspiration for me. Keep up the good work!

Best,
Angela

jolie laide said...

Thanks for the great links. I just signed u for Ideal Bite and bookmarked Green Girl Guide.

angela said...

jolie laide-
no problem! i'm glad you got some good use out of the posting! let me know if you'd like some other site links. i'd be happy to send some your way!
angela